Venezuelan Superintendent of Cryptoactives Joselit Ramírez says a Petro remittances platform is live and operational, as well as secure and easy to use.
A remittance is a payment document, such as a bank draft, check, money transfer, etc., which is made in a foreign currency. Remittances are delivered to a debtor or remitter in his/her national currency by the third party and then are sent to the foreign creditor to pay arrears. With the appearance of digital cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin — now functioning as a third, independent currency — the era of the remittances industry, including other kinds of international money transfers, has reached a turning point. By using modern technological systems, it is easy to convert money into any possible fiat currency with Bitcoin without even leaving home. Also, virtual transactions prevent robbery, loss or damage of money and provide quite fast confirmations.
- Central Banks to Meet With Libra Founders in Switzerland on Monday
- Report: Philippine Police Raid Alleged Cryptocurrency Scam, Arrest 277
- Germany’s Largest Bank Joins JPMorgan’s Blockchain Network
- Crypto News From the German-Speaking World: Sept. 9–15 in Review
- Top-5 Crypto Performers: ATOM, EOS, ETH, DASH, TRX