Thai Stellar-based blockchain startup Lightnet raised $31.2 million in a Series A funding round led by major financial conglomerates in South East Asia.
A remittance is a payment document, such as a bank draft, check, money transfer, etc., which is made in a foreign currency. Remittances are delivered to a debtor or remitter in his/her national currency by the third party and then are sent to the foreign creditor to pay arrears. With the appearance of digital cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin — now functioning as a third, independent currency — the era of the remittances industry, including other kinds of international money transfers, has reached a turning point. By using modern technological systems, it is easy to convert money into any possible fiat currency with Bitcoin without even leaving home. Also, virtual transactions prevent robbery, loss or damage of money and provide quite fast confirmations.
- Deloitte Approves Gemini Crypto Exchange in High-Level Security Evaluation
- Disgruntled Employee Stole Bitcoin from Japanese Project Vipstarcoin
- Has Quebec Missed the Ship for Attracting Cryptocurrency Miners?
- Bitcoin Price Slides to $8.5K as 200MA Resistance Keeps Bulls in Check
- Price Analysis Jan 22: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, BSV, LTC, EOS, BNB, XLM, ADA