Payments giant Western Union will integrate the Coins.ph blockchain-based platform, enabling Filipinos to conduct cross-border money transfers.
A remittance is a payment document, such as a bank draft, check, money transfer, etc., which is made in a foreign currency. Remittances are delivered to a debtor or remitter in his/her national currency by the third party and then are sent to the foreign creditor to pay arrears. With the appearance of digital cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin — now functioning as a third, independent currency — the era of the remittances industry, including other kinds of international money transfers, has reached a turning point. By using modern technological systems, it is easy to convert money into any possible fiat currency with Bitcoin without even leaving home. Also, virtual transactions prevent robbery, loss or damage of money and provide quite fast confirmations.
- US Telecoms Giant AT&T Now Accepting Crypto Payments via BitPay
- Report: Telegram to Launch TON Network in Q3 2019
- Morgan Creek CEO Says Every Investor Should Hold Some Bitcoin
- Crypto Markets Turning Green, Oil Prices Tumble
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 22