Italy, Sweden and the Czech Republic to preside over the European Blockchain Partnership promoted by European Commission.
The Kingdom of Sweden is a Scandinavian country in northern Europe. Sweden has the third-largest area in the European Union and a total population of over 10.1 million. Sweden has one of the highest gross domestic product per capita and is considered to be the seventh richest country in the world. The Swedish economy is built on engineering, telecommunications, automotive and pharmaceutical industries. Sweden has a developed IT-sector and is interested in blockchain projects. Sweden has not banned Bitcoin, but established a regulatory framework for it. Swedish Bitcoin regulations view mined Bitcoins as an income from a hobby and has no tax over mining, if it is performed in Sweden by individuals. The Swedish financial supervisory authority is the organ responsible for Bitcoin regulation and requires cryptocurrency services to report Bitcoin trading as a financial service.
- Ex-CEO of BTC-e Exchange’s Spin-Off WEX Is Arrested in Italy
- ‘Samsung Coin’ Trademark Filing Unaffiliated With Samsung
- Oil Markets Could Save 30% With Blockchain, Data Gumbo CEO Says
- Tether’s Trouble With New York Attorney General — Will Crypto Cope?
- Major Crypto Markets Report Mixed Signals, Gold Slightly Fell