A new report from the BIS has found that 70 percent of central banks are conducting research into central bank digital currencies.
The Kingdom of Sweden is a Scandinavian country in northern Europe. Sweden has the third-largest area in the European Union and a total population of over 10.1 million. Sweden has one of the highest gross domestic product per capita and is considered to be the seventh richest country in the world. The Swedish economy is built on engineering, telecommunications, automotive and pharmaceutical industries. Sweden has a developed IT-sector and is interested in blockchain projects. Sweden has not banned Bitcoin, but established a regulatory framework for it. Swedish Bitcoin regulations view mined Bitcoins as an income from a hobby and has no tax over mining, if it is performed in Sweden by individuals. The Swedish financial supervisory authority is the organ responsible for Bitcoin regulation and requires cryptocurrency services to report Bitcoin trading as a financial service.
- UPS Unveils Equity Investment and Partnership With Blockchain B2B Firm Inxeption
- WWF Launches Blockchain Tool to Track Food Along Supply Chain
- Crypto Markets Stabilize With Scant Price Action Across the Board
- Binance Freezes ‘Some’ Tokens Stolen From Cryptopia: CEO CZ
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Tron, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 16