Sweden’s central bank wants to join Switzerland, Singapore and Hong Kong in hosting the BIS innovation hub.
The Kingdom of Sweden is a Scandinavian country in northern Europe. Sweden has the third-largest area in the European Union and a total population of over 10.1 million. Sweden has one of the highest gross domestic product per capita and is considered to be the seventh richest country in the world. The Swedish economy is built on engineering, telecommunications, automotive and pharmaceutical industries. Sweden has a developed IT-sector and is interested in blockchain projects. Sweden has not banned Bitcoin, but established a regulatory framework for it. Swedish Bitcoin regulations view mined Bitcoins as an income from a hobby and has no tax over mining, if it is performed in Sweden by individuals. The Swedish financial supervisory authority is the organ responsible for Bitcoin regulation and requires cryptocurrency services to report Bitcoin trading as a financial service.
- Cointelegraph Exclusive: Former CFTC Chair Looks to Digital Dollar Beyond COVID-19 Stimulus
- Bitcoin Rallied 80% Without Any Gov’t Bailout: Time to Get Bullish?
- Algorand Launches Blockchain-Based Global Coronavirus Survey
- Big Tech in Blockchain: Comparing IBM, Microsoft, Apple, Google and More
- Digital Dollars, Bakkt CEO Scandal & a Continuing Pandemic: Bad Crypto News of the Week