Global messaging app Telegram plans to release the mainnet and token for its blockchain-based TON platform as early as March, sources claim.
Telegram is an instant-messaging, cloud-based service with client-side, open-source code, developed by Telegram Messenger LLP, founded by Pavel Durov. Telegram apps provide users with the ability to send messages, photos, videos, audio, stickers and files of any type and are available for most operating systems. Telegram is famous for its privacy features, such as server-client encrypted messages, optional end-to-end encryption for voice calls and end-to-end encrypted “secret” chats that delete information after some period of time. Although Telegram has received some criticism for its encryption and security model, Telegram continued to expand its user base and even launched a Telegram cryptocurrency ICO. Telegram’s privacy policies resulted in the messenger being banned in China, Iran and, in recent news, it is attempting to be blocked in Russia.
- New Samsung Galaxy S10 Includes Cryptocurrency Key Storage
- Mark Zuckerberg Considers Blockchain Authorization of Data in Recent Interview
- Report: Bank of China Joins New Blockchain Platform for Property Buyers
- Central Bank of Lithuania Issues Updated Position on Virtual Assets and ICOs
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, EOS, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, Tron, Binance Coin, Cardano: Price Analysis, Feb. 20