Twitter CEO and founder Jack Dorsey says that he has no plans to launch a platform-specific “Twitcoin” cryptocurrency, still bullish on Bitcoin.
Twitter is social network where users post and interact with “tweets” – messages, restricted to 280 characters. Twitter was established in 2006 and, since then, has gained a large popularity around the world, totalling more than 330 million monthly active users in 2017. Twitter now is one of the largest sources of breaking news and is an important platform for expressing public opinion. Twitter has a lot of cryptocurrency news and may be used as a source to find latest crypto news available on the internet. However, Twitter is not totally free of censorship and has some issues with cryptocurrency advertisement. Twitter started banning cryptocurrency ads in March 2018, as an attempt to protect its users from fraud and deception which were common on the platform, which were used to pump the prices of certain coins and promote a wide variety of ICOs — from honest and promising to obvious fraud.
- SEC Charges Token Sale Platform For Illegal $14M Securities Offering
- Two Arrested for ‘Old-Fashioned Shakedown’ of Cryptocurrency Startup
- Israeli Startup That Allows Offline Crypto Transactions Secures $4M
- Luxembourg Regulator Red-Flags Activities of BitPay Clone Website
- Price Analysis 18/09: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, ADA