Fed Nominee Judy Shelton speaks about the need for a digital dollar at a confirmation hearing in the US Senate.
US Government News
The US government is a system of public administration in the USA that was established with the adoption of the Constitution in 1787. In terms of Bitcoin, the US government shows its interest in blockchain technology and its development. However, the US government’s view on Bitcoin still remains unclear as the regulation of digital currency hasn’t been created yet and now cryptocurrency is considered simply to be a digital asset rather than an official means of payment. The main concern of authorities is not the use of virtual money, but the possibility of avoiding taxes, money laundering and supporting terrorism as the effective, but traditional ways to prevent all of this doesn’t work with cryptocurrencies as well as it does with fiat currencies.
- Decoupling? Bitcoin Price Surges Above $6.7K as Stocks Again Bearish
- ‘Breakthrough’ as Lightning Uses Web's Forgotten Payment Code
- Ethereum Founder Tells Bitcoin Dev: BTC Wasn’t Always ‘Digital Gold’
- New York Judge Says Telegram Can’t Distribute Grams Outside U.S. Either
- BTC Held by BitMEX Fell 25% After Mass Liquidations