Canadian venture capital firm secured $320 million to make investments in promising fintech startups around the world, with a particular focus on Canada.
Venture Capitalist News
Venture Capital’s definition is a financing strategy of investors that provide capital for small startup companies to gain benefit from their growth in a long term. Venture capital is risky, as only a minority of startups gain financial success, but the payoff of the successful ones remains very attractive for venture capitalists. Venture capital is sometimes the only way for new companies to raise money, as they don’t have a long enough operating history to be founded in public markets and might not be able to secure a bank loan. A healthy venture capital system helps to develop a technologically advanced economy by financing promising projects. Venture capital is often used for fintech and innovation-based business. Many IT startups gained financing for their blockchain and cryptocurrency projects with venture capital.
- China’s Central Bank to Lead Real-World Pilot of Digital Yuan: Report
- South Korea: Gov’t Seeks to Tax Crypto Transactions as Capital Gains
- Ethereum Istanbul Hard Fork Get Support From Major Crypto Exchanges
- Sorry — But Bitcoin Can Still Drop to $2.7K While Everyone’s Bullish
- Top-5 Cryptos This Week: XTZ, ATOM, XRP, XMR, BNB