Ripple, the major blockchain payments firm behind XRP, the third biggest altcoin by market cap, has raised $200 million in Series C led by Tetragon.
Venture Capitalist News
Venture Capital’s definition is a financing strategy of investors that provide capital for small startup companies to gain benefit from their growth in a long term. Venture capital is risky, as only a minority of startups gain financial success, but the payoff of the successful ones remains very attractive for venture capitalists. Venture capital is sometimes the only way for new companies to raise money, as they don’t have a long enough operating history to be founded in public markets and might not be able to secure a bank loan. A healthy venture capital system helps to develop a technologically advanced economy by financing promising projects. Venture capital is often used for fintech and innovation-based business. Many IT startups gained financing for their blockchain and cryptocurrency projects with venture capital.
- Bitcoin Risk-Return a ‘Different Beast’ Compared to Amazon: Analyst
- ‘Nothing Special’ — Bitcoin Slumps 6% on Coronavirus, Chinese New Year
- SEC Goes Head-to-Head With Telegram, Makes a Guinea Pig of TON
- Effect of CME Futures Options on BTC Price Depends on Halving
- Two Veteran Traders See Bullish Signs With Bitcoin Rebounding to $8.5K