Catalonia has emerged as one of the regions most interested in adopting blockchain in its administration. Cointelegraph speaks to the man behind the push, Danie...
Voting is the process of gathering opinions of a mass of people about various questions and the necessity of performing various actions. Voting is an important part of a democracy, crucial to the election process, and for formalizing society’s opinion about various laws, events and processes. The honesty and transparency of voting is a subject for many fields of study and is very important for the protection of the legitimacy of holder of the vote. Voting on blockchain is one of the most promising implementations of technology into the voting process because of blockchains immunity to censorship and protection from being changed after the process. Online voting may implement blockchain to redistribute server functions between many peers and get rid of a central authority. Voting systems are also implemented into blockchains themselves, like in Ethereum, which has voting system for making decisions about the future of the platform.
- Indian PM Awards Crypto App Creator as Supreme Court Deliberates on Ban
- One Wallet Owns 27% of Ether Behind MakerDAO’s Sai Stablecoin
- Crypto and Blockchain Firms Pitch In to Help Coronavirus Victims
- Litecoin Creator Proposes Miners Voluntarily Donate 1% for Development
- Top 5 Cryptos This Week (Jan 26): HEDG, DASH, BSV, ETC, XTZ