A group of students from an Indian university has created a blockchain-based voting system that enables the electorate to vote online.
Voting is the process of gathering opinions of a mass of people about various questions and the necessity of performing various actions. Voting is an important part of a democracy, crucial to the election process, and for formalizing society’s opinion about various laws, events and processes. The honesty and transparency of voting is a subject for many fields of study and is very important for the protection of the legitimacy of holder of the vote. Voting on blockchain is one of the most promising implementations of technology into the voting process because of blockchains immunity to censorship and protection from being changed after the process. Online voting may implement blockchain to redistribute server functions between many peers and get rid of a central authority. Voting systems are also implemented into blockchains themselves, like in Ethereum, which has voting system for making decisions about the future of the platform.
- Lightning Network Will Drive Bitcoin to $250,000 by 2023 — Tim Draper
- Telegram Asks Court to Dismiss SEC Lawsuit Against Gram Cryptocurrency
- Ethereum’s Hearthstone Rival Sets Volume Record After Blizzard Scandal
- Australia: DigitalX Launches Bitcoin Fund Seeded With $1.9M in BTC
- Market Mostly Trades Sideways as Bitcoin Price Hovers Around $8,800