Decentralized by its nature, blockchain technology could help to build a democratic society, at least by transparent elections and trusted voitings.
Voting is the process of gathering opinions of a mass of people about various questions and the necessity of performing various actions. Voting is an important part of a democracy, crucial to the election process, and for formalizing society’s opinion about various laws, events and processes. The honesty and transparency of voting is a subject for many fields of study and is very important for the protection of the legitimacy of holder of the vote. Voting on blockchain is one of the most promising implementations of technology into the voting process because of blockchains immunity to censorship and protection from being changed after the process. Online voting may implement blockchain to redistribute server functions between many peers and get rid of a central authority. Voting systems are also implemented into blockchains themselves, like in Ethereum, which has voting system for making decisions about the future of the platform.
- Bitcoin Price Rejects $6.9K, But Is a Correction Now Imminent?
- World Health Organization Launches Blockchain Platform to Fight COVID-19
- Donald Trump Just ‘Advertised’ Bitcoin After Fed Creates $6 Trillion
- Most Traders Expect New All-Time High Price for Bitcoin in 2020
- Blockchain Jobs Continue to Rise Despite Global Recession