Walmart has been experimenting with blockchain technology over the past few years. What are the biggest breakthroughs the retail giant achieved?
Walmart, Inc. is an American retail corporation founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and headquartered in Arkansas, United States. Walmart is the largest company in terms of revenue and amount of people employed. Walmart is the largest grocery retailer in the U.S. but also operates through hypermarkets and discount department stores. The amount of products and facilities included in the retailing process makes it suitable to include Walmart as a blockchain-utilizing company. Walmart’s blockchain implementations mostly cover supply chain management and digital offerings for consumers. Walmart’s technology departments are actively working on including those features and are applying for new patents. As one of the largest businesses on the planet, Walmart may produce an unprecedented blockchain network in near future.
- CME Group to Launch Options on Bitcoin Futures in Q1 2020
- Upbit Exchange Delists Privacy Coins Due to Money Laundering Concerns
- Former Iced Tea-Turned-Blockchain Company Sells Beverage Subsidiary
- BitMEX CEO Arthur Hayes Says Traders Could Lose Weekends, Lunch Breaks
- Price Analysis 20/09: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, ADA