Walmart joins Hyperledger to have a larger role in the open-source community, discusses further plans for the future.
Walmart, Inc. is an American retail corporation founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and headquartered in Arkansas, United States. Walmart is the largest company in terms of revenue and amount of people employed. Walmart is the largest grocery retailer in the U.S. but also operates through hypermarkets and discount department stores. The amount of products and facilities included in the retailing process makes it suitable to include Walmart as a blockchain-utilizing company. Walmart’s blockchain implementations mostly cover supply chain management and digital offerings for consumers. Walmart’s technology departments are actively working on including those features and are applying for new patents. As one of the largest businesses on the planet, Walmart may produce an unprecedented blockchain network in near future.
- Bitcoin Price Rejects $6.9K, But Is a Correction Now Imminent?
- World Health Organization Launches Blockchain Platform to Fight COVID-19
- Donald Trump Just ‘Advertised’ Bitcoin After Fed Creates $6 Trillion
- Most Traders Expect New All-Time High Price for Bitcoin in 2020
- Blockchain Jobs Continue to Rise Despite Global Recession