Walmart Canada has launched an automated blockchain-based network designed to improve freight and payment processing.
Walmart, Inc. is an American retail corporation founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and headquartered in Arkansas, United States. Walmart is the largest company in terms of revenue and amount of people employed. Walmart is the largest grocery retailer in the U.S. but also operates through hypermarkets and discount department stores. The amount of products and facilities included in the retailing process makes it suitable to include Walmart as a blockchain-utilizing company. Walmart’s blockchain implementations mostly cover supply chain management and digital offerings for consumers. Walmart’s technology departments are actively working on including those features and are applying for new patents. As one of the largest businesses on the planet, Walmart may produce an unprecedented blockchain network in near future.
- E Pluribus Unum: Four Class-Action Suits Against Bitfinex Over 2017 BTC Price Now One
- Blockchain, not Bitcoin: China’s BTC Volume on LocalBitcoins Hits 2-Year Low
- Former Bakkt CEO and Current Senator Loeffler Delays Disclosing Assets
- Davos 2020: Awaited Regulations, Unexpected Enthusiasm, New Challenges
- Bitcoin Breaks 7-Month Downtrend But Must Clear These Hurdles to $10K