The largest private bank in Brazil, Itau Unibanco, has tested a $100 million loan on a blockchain platform powered by R3.
Wells Fargo News
Wells Fargo is a banking company that provides financial and insuring services in the United States, Canada and Puerto-Rico. Wells Fargo was founded by Henry Wells in 1852 and the main office of the company is currently headquartered in San Francisco. The company also provides the Well Fargo Online Banking service for managing finance via mobile devices. Wells Fargo’s Bitcoin and blockchain technologies involvement started in 2016, when Wells Fargo and an Australian bank signed an agreement on utilizing blockchain technology for a cotton shipment from the U.S. to China. It became the first shipment made with blockchain. However, in 2018, the company banned crypto purchases made with Wells Fargo’s issued cards.
- CFTC Commissioner Brian Quintenz Suggests Creation of Crypto Self-Regulatory Organization
- Indonesia’s Commodity Futures Regulator Releases Regulation for Crypto Futures Market
- Bitmain Announces Energy-Efficient ASIC Chip for Mining Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash
- China: Guangdong Province to Use Blockchain-Based Electronic Tax Invoices for E-Commerce
- Cryptocurrencies May ‘Upend the Digital World,’ Says Institutional Investor Consultancy