The Texas State Securities Board issued a cease and desist order against an alleged crypto scammer advertising on Craigslist.
Advertising is a form of marketing communication that promotes some product or service via audio or visual form. Advertising is directed toward crowds, not individuals and has no personal message. Advertising is openly sponsored and broadcast through any type of media, such as TV, radio, search results and any other video or audio content. Advertisement is also popular in the cryptocurrency industry and promotes crypto exchanges, consulting services and various cryptocurrencies themselves. Bitcoin advertising is a controversial theme. Bitcoin ads are banned by Google, Facebook and Twitter. Advertisement of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is considered insecure for users as many of them don’t have enough knowledge about cryptocurrencies and ICOs and may become involved in fraudulent and illegal schemes through promising ads.
- Winklevoss Twins on Bitcoin: ‘Wall Street Has Been Asleep at the Wheel’
- Binance: Funds ‘SAFU’ After Amazon Web Services Error Stops Withdrawals
- Libra Members Consider Quitting Project Due to Gov’t Pressure: Report
- Crypto Taxation Around the Globe — What Do Regulations Look Like?
- Bitcoin Price Stays Over $10K as Trader Warns Ethereum Chart Is ‘Ugly’