Microsoft-owned search engine and advertisement platform Bing noted that it blocked over five million cryptocurrency-related ads last year.
Advertising is a form of marketing communication that promotes some product or service via audio or visual form. Advertising is directed toward crowds, not individuals and has no personal message. Advertising is openly sponsored and broadcast through any type of media, such as TV, radio, search results and any other video or audio content. Advertisement is also popular in the cryptocurrency industry and promotes crypto exchanges, consulting services and various cryptocurrencies themselves. Bitcoin advertising is a controversial theme. Bitcoin ads are banned by Google, Facebook and Twitter. Advertisement of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is considered insecure for users as many of them don’t have enough knowledge about cryptocurrencies and ICOs and may become involved in fraudulent and illegal schemes through promising ads.
- Self-Proclaimed Satoshi Craig Wright Sues Podcaster Peter McCormack for Alleged Libel
- 3% of American Retirees Own Some Bitcoin, While 33% Have No Idea What Bitcoin Is: Survey
- Bitcoin Accounts for 98% of Crypto-Denominated Ransomware Payments, Study
- Local Media: Afghanistani, Tunisian Central Banks Consider Issuing Bitcoin Bonds
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, EOS, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis April 19