The hardware manufacturer beat Wall Street expectations on adjusted earnings, as executives remain upbeat about the coming quarter.
AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) is an American transnational IT company founded in 1969 by Jerry Sanders and headquartered in California, U.S. AMD specializes on computer processors and related hardware and software for both business and consumer markets. AMD is the only major rival to Intel in microprocessor development. Crypto proof-of-work mining is performed with graphics processing units that are a major product of AMD, which is why AMD greatly benefited from the cryptocurrency outburst of the last several years. AMD’s products are used for Bitcoin mining as well as for other cryptocurrencies. AMD has also participated in cryptocurrency development. AMD contributed to blockchain technology development by optimizing performance of its major products through implementing software drivers made for blockchain computing with AMD chips.
- Bitcoin ‘Maybe Is a Partial Store of Value,’ Concedes Nouriel Roubini
- Here’s How Much Bitcoin Is Currently Locked Up in Sidechains
- Fed Governor Warns Facebook’s Libra Users Lack Clear Rights
- Telegram Aims to Delay TON Launch Deadline Ahead of SEC Meeting
- Bitcoin Price Back Above $8K as Pound Sterling Rises on Brexit Deal