ConsenSys, AMD and Abu-Dhabi-based Halo Holdings have partnered to build a blockchain-based cloud computing infrastructure for the public and private sector.
AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) is an American transnational IT company founded in 1969 by Jerry Sanders and headquartered in California, U.S. AMD specializes on computer processors and related hardware and software for both business and consumer markets. AMD is the only major rival to Intel in microprocessor development. Crypto proof-of-work mining is performed with graphics processing units that are a major product of AMD, which is why AMD greatly benefited from the cryptocurrency outburst of the last several years. AMD’s products are used for Bitcoin mining as well as for other cryptocurrencies. AMD has also participated in cryptocurrency development. AMD contributed to blockchain technology development by optimizing performance of its major products through implementing software drivers made for blockchain computing with AMD chips.
- NYSE Operator’s Long-Awaited Crypto Platform Bakkt Announces New Key Vacancies
- Poll: 63 Percent of Senior Execs Lack Understanding of Blockchain Tech
- London Stock Exchange Trading Tech to Power New Hong Kong Crypto Exchange
- JP Morgan-Backed Firm Partners with Blockchain Startup Owned By Former Deloitte Exec
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, TRON, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 21