Charlie Shrem faces a new legal threat from the Winklevoss twins, who claim he owes them 5000 BTC.
Bitcoin Foundation News
The Bitcoin Foundation is an American-based, nonprofit organization with several affiliate organizations in other countries, such as Germany and Canada. The Bitcoin Foundation was established to make Bitcoin standards, protect the Bitcoin network and promote the use of Bitcoin for a larger audience. The Bitcoin Foundation is mostly funded by grants, given to the foundation by for-profit companies, dependent on Bitcoin technology. The main idea of The Bitcoin Foundation is to make Bitcoin globally accepted as method of exchanging and storing value. The Bitcoin Foundation is often criticized for political lobbying, working with federal regulators and choosing the wrong priorities, i.e. their stated aim of promoting and protecting Bitcoin while not fixing Bitcoin’s vulnerability and trustworthiness. Still, The Bitcoin Foundation is considered the largest advocacy group in the crypto industry and one of the most important Bitcoin-related communities.
- UK High Court Orders Freeze on $1M of Bitcoin in Ransomware Case
- Draft of India’s National DLT Strategy Calls for State-Run Digital Rupee
- BTC Price Back at $9,000 But No, Coronavirus Isn't 'Good for Bitcoin'
- Oil Giant Saudi Aramco Buys Into Blockchain Trading Platform Vakt
- Bitcoin Price Breaks Through Key Resistance as Traders Target $9.2K