Barbados-based fintech firm Bitt Inc. has signed an MOU with the central bank of Curaçao and Sint Maarten to research a central bank digital currency.
Bitt is a Barbados-based digital assets exchange. According to its official website, the main goal of Bitt is to provide access to cryptocurrency in emerging markets. Bitt’s meaning for Barbados and other Caribbean citizens is that it is one of the first cryptocurrency exchanges to be launched in this region and it has provided access to the global economy even to unbanked people. Bitt was founded by Gabriel Abed and Oliver Gale in 2013. The main office of the company is currently headquartered in Hastings, Barbados. Besides this, the company has become a collaborator with Barbados Entrepreneurship Foundation, Inc. (BEF), which held the crowdsale of Bitt coins to raise money for the organization, as it is considered to be a nonprofit.
- Spotlight on Bitcoin as HSBC Shuts Hong Kong Protest-Linked Account
- US SEC Takes Another Look at Rejected Bitwise Bitcoin ETF Proposal
- Hacker Offers $100K in BTC as Bounty for Hacking Halliburton
- Family Offices Finally Accept the Benefits of Investing in Bitcoin
- Willy Woo: $8K Bearish Bitcoin Price in ‘Unique Setup’ Before Halving