Barbados-based fintech firm Bitt Inc. has signed an MOU with the central bank of Curaçao and Sint Maarten to research a central bank digital currency.
Bitt is a Barbados-based digital assets exchange. According to its official website, the main goal of Bitt is to provide access to cryptocurrency in emerging markets. Bitt’s meaning for Barbados and other Caribbean citizens is that it is one of the first cryptocurrency exchanges to be launched in this region and it has provided access to the global economy even to unbanked people. Bitt was founded by Gabriel Abed and Oliver Gale in 2013. The main office of the company is currently headquartered in Hastings, Barbados. Besides this, the company has become a collaborator with Barbados Entrepreneurship Foundation, Inc. (BEF), which held the crowdsale of Bitt coins to raise money for the organization, as it is considered to be a nonprofit.
- Bitcoin Breaks 7-Month Downtrend But Must Clear These Hurdles to $10K
- Billionaire Investor Tim Draper: If You're a Millennial, Buy Bitcoin
- Russian State-Run Tech Firm to Decrease Spending on Blockchain by 50%
- Iranian Authorities Have Issued 1,000 Licenses for Cryptocurrency Mining
- New Research Shows Bitcoin-Denominated Payments Still a ‘Fantasy’