Blockchain infrastructure firm Blockstream announced the launch of its security token platform.
Blockstream is a blockchain development company founded by Adam Back in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, U.S. Blockstream investors include Horizons Ventures, Blockchain Capital, Digital Currency Group, AXA Strategic Ventures and others. Blockstream is focused on developing Bitcoin sidechains and other blockchain-related applications. Blockstream is also one of the main funders of Bitcoin Core. Blockstream announced a plan to launch a satellite that would broadcast the full Bitcoin blockchain to eliminate the need for internet connection for the use of Bitcoin. Blockstream plans to earn fees taken for the use of the network. Blockstream is also involved in the development of the Lightning Network, writing Bitcoin advancement concepts and is the establisher of Elements Project.
- Bitcoin Holds Over $8,000 as Top Altcoins See Minor Losses
- Two Miners Purportedly Execute 51% Attack on Bitcoin Cash Blockchain
- Facebook in Talks With Coinbase, Winklevoss’ Gemini to Launch Its Globalcoin: FT Report
- Research: ICO Sector Signals Uptick After Crypto Winter
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 24