On Friday May 17, Bytecoin, one of the original privacy coins in the crypto space, successfully underwent a scheduled hardfork and poised itself to integrate a ...
Bytecoin (BCN) is a decentralized cryptocurrency with open-source code based on CryptoNote technology and designed to protect user’s privacy.
You can’t fully define Bytecoin without talking about CryptoNote protocol, as Bytecoin is the first cryptocurrency implementing it. CryptoNote is a protocol built to make cryptocurrencies more secure. It works like Bitcoin’s protocol in terms of using public addresses and public keys, but, unlike Bitcoin, Bytecoin transactions hide all the connections of sender and receiver. Bytecoin transactions sender’s public keys are grouped so an observer could tell that one of the senders in that group was responsible for a transaction, but couldn’t tell which one.
Bytecoin is protected against 51% attack, it’s transactions usually took about 2 minutes, and it’s much more secure than bitcoin and most of other cryptocurrencies.
- Facebook in Talks With Coinbase, Winklevoss’ Gemini to Launch Its Globalcoin: FT Report
- US Telecoms Giant AT&T Now Accepting Crypto Payments via BitPay
- Telegram Introduces New Programming Language for TON Network
- World’s Oldest Watch Manufacturer to Use Blockchain for Tracking Timepieces
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 24