A founder of Chinese mining pool Poolin predicted that the price of Bitcoin could reach nearly $740,000.
China is considered to be one of the most important players in the cryptocurrency market. The decisions of the Chinese government affect the entire industry, but cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin are in a precarious position in terms of regulations. Chinese cryptocurrency laws are pretty strict. Financial institutions are banned from using Bitcoin for trading and ICOs are also illegal to conduct in China. Chinese Bitcoin exchanges were suggested to stop operations within the domestic market, until licenses would be established for them. In January 2018, the People’s Bank of China, its top financial authority, suggested that Bitcoin mining should be gradually suspended on miners through the influence of local authorities. Chinese media presents cryptocurrencies as a tool for criminals and a money-laundering device, creating a negative informational background that may have indications on the future of the Chinese Bitcoin ban.
- Report: QuadrigaCX Founder May Have Stored Private Keys on Paper in Safety Deposit Box
- Vitalik Buterin Dismisses Rumors New Constantinople Feature Allows Attack Vector
- Major Crypto Brokerage Coinmama Reports 450,000 Users Affected by Data Breach
- Norway: Anarcho-Capitalist Smart City Adopts Crypto as Sole Recognized Medium of Exchange
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, TRON, Stellar, Binance Coin, Bitcoin SV: Price Analysis, February 15