Japan STO Association launches on Oct. 1, includes Nomura Securities, Rakuten Securities, SBI Securities, Monex and others.
Coincheck is a Bitcoin wallet and Japanese cryptocurrency exchange platform established in 2014. The Coincheck exchange services provide exchanges between fiat currencies and Bitcoin or Ether. Coincheck is a member of the Japan Blockchain Association and is one of the major developers of cryptocurrency usage standards for the Japanese government. Coincheck fell victim to a hacking operation, which is now recognized as one of the largest cryptocurrency exchange hacks. 500 million NEM tokens were stolen from Coincheck in January 2018, amounting to around $520 million in losses. Although all 260,000 users who were victims of the incident were repaid, the Coincheck hack triggered changes in the cryptocurrency industry, forcing exchange platforms to improve their security systems and provide governments with an opportunity to reinforce a regulatory framework on the industry.
- China’s Central Bank to Lead Real-World Pilot of Digital Yuan: Report
- South Korea: Gov’t Seeks to Tax Crypto Transactions as Capital Gains
- Ethereum Istanbul Hard Fork Get Support From Major Crypto Exchanges
- Sorry — But Bitcoin Can Still Drop to $2.7K While Everyone’s Bullish
- Top-5 Cryptos This Week: XTZ, ATOM, XRP, XMR, BNB