Japan STO Association launches on Oct. 1, includes Nomura Securities, Rakuten Securities, SBI Securities, Monex and others.
Coincheck is a Bitcoin wallet and Japanese cryptocurrency exchange platform established in 2014. The Coincheck exchange services provide exchanges between fiat currencies and Bitcoin or Ether. Coincheck is a member of the Japan Blockchain Association and is one of the major developers of cryptocurrency usage standards for the Japanese government. Coincheck fell victim to a hacking operation, which is now recognized as one of the largest cryptocurrency exchange hacks. 500 million NEM tokens were stolen from Coincheck in January 2018, amounting to around $520 million in losses. Although all 260,000 users who were victims of the incident were repaid, the Coincheck hack triggered changes in the cryptocurrency industry, forcing exchange platforms to improve their security systems and provide governments with an opportunity to reinforce a regulatory framework on the industry.
- NYDFS to Update BitLicense’s Terms for the First Time in 5 Years
- Huobi Scores Ex-Deloitte Audit Exec as New General Manager for Turkey
- Jack Dorsey: Twitter Developing Decentralized Standard for Social Media
- Price Analysis 11/12: BTC and These 9 Cryptos Set to Resume Downtrend
- 5 Bullish Candlestick Patterns Every Bitcoin, Crypto Trader Must Know