Blockstream launches a fifth BTC blockchain satellite into space, and a report accuses many exchanges of wash trading.
CoinMarketCap is a platform created to track the capitalization of different cryptocurrencies, the amount of trades that use them and the current price converted into fiat currencies. The information updates every five minutes. Cryptocurrency market capitalization means multiplying the total of all issued coins derived from mining by the current cryptocurrency market price. Market capitalization defines the popularity of certain cryptocurrencies. Capitalization, rather than a cryptocurrency’s price, is the main economic indicator. CoinMarketCap’s service provides information about all digital currencies that are traded in at least one public exchange and have a non-zero trading volume. The CoinMarketCap app can function as a kind of rating system that shows a list of cryptocurrencies sorted in descending order by their capitalization amount.
- Chilean Taxpayers Must Report Cryptocurrency Profits to Chilean IRS: Local Media
- Lack of ETNs Keeps Wall Street Away From Bitcoin, Says CBOE Analyst Ed Tilly
- Bitcoin Falls Towards $3,550 as Top Cryptos See Moderate to Major Losses
- Proposed License Requirements End Anonymous Crypto Selling and Buying in the Netherlands
- Hodler’s Digest, Jan. 14–20: Top Stories, Price Movements, Quotes and FUD of the Week