The FCA has reported that ICAP Crypto is a clone firm borrowing details from ICAP Europe Limited.
Crimes that are made within cryptocurrency and related spheres are usually defined as cryptocurrency crimes. The legal status of digital currencies is not clear enough and governments all over the world are searching for a way to regulate operations in the cryptosphere. That is why most of the crimes cannot be forecasted or punished properly. The most common crypto-crime until the end of 2017 has been in relation to Initial Coin Offerings (ICO), which were conducted by frauds and by stealing money from electronic wallets and storages through hacking or fraudulently-obtained information. Besides that, a lot of users’ money was stolen when using unverified exchanges and making transactions through suspicious services. Also, people lost money by joining financial cryptocurrency pyramids.
- Bitcoin Holds Over $8,000 as Top Altcoins See Minor Losses
- Major Swiss Telecoms Firm Swisscom to Distribute Tokenized Artwork
- Research: ICO Sector Signals Uptick After Crypto Winter
- Facebook in Talks With Coinbase, Winklevoss’ Gemini to Launch Its Globalcoin: FT Report
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 24