U.S. authorities arrested two men for allegedly threatening to destroy a crypto startup after demanding millions of dollars in a shakedown.
Crimes that are made within cryptocurrency and related spheres are usually defined as cryptocurrency crimes. The legal status of digital currencies is not clear enough and governments all over the world are searching for a way to regulate operations in the cryptosphere. That is why most of the crimes cannot be forecasted or punished properly. The most common crypto-crime until the end of 2017 has been in relation to Initial Coin Offerings (ICO), which were conducted by frauds and by stealing money from electronic wallets and storages through hacking or fraudulently-obtained information. Besides that, a lot of users’ money was stolen when using unverified exchanges and making transactions through suspicious services. Also, people lost money by joining financial cryptocurrency pyramids.
- SEC Charges Token Sale Platform For Illegal $14M Securities Offering
- Two Arrested for ‘Old-Fashioned Shakedown’ of Cryptocurrency Startup
- Israeli Startup That Allows Offline Crypto Transactions Secures $4M
- Luxembourg Regulator Red-Flags Activities of BitPay Clone Website
- Price Analysis 18/09: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, ADA