Cyprus’ securities regulator is calling for the transposition of an extended version of the European Union’s Fifth Anti-Money Laundering Directive into national...
Cyprus is an island republic in the eastern Mediterranean with a population of around one million. Cyprus has a diversified and prosperous free-market economy that is mostly built on the its service industry, with its most important exports being medicine, agriculture and products of light manufacturing. However, the economy of Cyprus largely suffered from the eurozone banking crisis, which it has only started to recover from since 2014. Cyprus has a good investment climate due to its liberalized stock exchange and business-friendly tax system that led to the establishment of Cyprus as a financial hub for investments from Asia, Russia and Eastern Europe. The use of Bitcoin is not regulated in Cyprus. Although the Central Bank of England issued a warning statement about the use of cryptocurrencies, Cyprus continues to welcome blockchain and cryptocurrency startups, and it allows Bitcoin exchanges and ICOs.
- US Institutional Crypto Exchange Seed CX Expands to Asia With New Partnership
- Streaming Service Twitch Removes Crypto Payment Options, Reddit User Reports
- Bank for International Settlements Exec Advises Against Central Bank Digital Currencies
- Accepted: MakerDAO Vote to Raise DAI Stablecoin Stability Fee by 4% to 7.5% per Year
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Tron, Cardano: Price Analysis, March 22