The Hong Kong-based exchange HitBTC is working with DigixDAO to refund DGD tokens with Ethereum Classic near End of May 2017.
DigixDao is often explained as a “stablecoin” – a coin not as volatile as most of the others. Developers define DigixDao idea as a new cryptocurrency backed by actual bars of gold.
DigixDao is a Digix Decentralized Autonomous Organization, meaning that all decision making about DigixDao’s future happen due to the votes of decentralized group of participants – DGD token holders. Those decisions are rewarded with DGX tokens backed by one gram of gold. All of these features aim to launch a stable and convenient way to store cryptocurrency.
In order to assure customers that every DGD token being backed with actual gold, the DigixDao team uses a Proof-of-Asset algorithm that certifies assets with the involvement of three entities: the Vendor, Auditor and Custodian. The Vendor sells certified gold bars, the Auditor checks the quality and quantity of the gold, and the Custodian stores the gold in a vault.
- Japan: E-Commerce Giant Rakuten to Move Crypto Exchange to New Payments Subsidiary
- Major Central Bank Institution BIS: Bitcoin Must Depart From Proof-of-Work
- Total Market Cap Drops $5 Billion as All Major Coins Take Price Hit
- Ethereum On-Chain Transaction Volume Reached Record High in December 2018
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, TRON, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 21