The Hong Kong-based exchange HitBTC is working with DigixDAO to refund DGD tokens with Ethereum Classic near End of May 2017.
DigixDao is often explained as a “stablecoin” – a coin not as volatile as most of the others. Developers define DigixDao idea as a new cryptocurrency backed by actual bars of gold.
DigixDao is a Digix Decentralized Autonomous Organization, meaning that all decision making about DigixDao’s future happen due to the votes of decentralized group of participants – DGD token holders. Those decisions are rewarded with DGX tokens backed by one gram of gold. All of these features aim to launch a stable and convenient way to store cryptocurrency.
In order to assure customers that every DGD token being backed with actual gold, the DigixDao team uses a Proof-of-Asset algorithm that certifies assets with the involvement of three entities: the Vendor, Auditor and Custodian. The Vendor sells certified gold bars, the Auditor checks the quality and quantity of the gold, and the Custodian stores the gold in a vault.
- Most Respondents File Negative Comments for SEC's Review of VanEck/SolidX Bitcoin ETF
- Proof-of-Stake Cryptocurrencies Have $4 Billion in Staked Funds: Diar
- JPMorgan Chase Exec: Crypto Innovators Will 'Ultimately Have to Use a Bank to Move Funds’
- Digital Asset Holdings Gets Permanent CEO 3 Months After Blythe Masters Leaves
- Major Cryptocurrencies See Slight Gains, Palladium Hits $1,600 for The First Time