Launched on July 15, Tor Project’s new Bitcoin-based crowdfunding campaign reached the softcap of $10,000 in 25 hours.
Cryptocurrency donations are gaining more and more popularity over time. As most cryptocurrencies are still in the so-called legal “gray zone” and have no need to be explained to authorities or be subject to taxationation, their use is very suitable for media creators, publishers and different digital communities. There has been a lot of fascinating news about cryptocurrency donations, such as Potcoin funding Dennis Rodman’s trip to North Korea in an attempt to bring peace for Guam, proving it’s safe during the US-North Korea political conflict. The Dogecoin community is also famous for their donations. For example, they were involved in some interesting charity cases, such as raising fifty thousand dollars for the Jamaican Bobsled team to go to the Sochi Winter Olympics in 2014 and thirty thousand dollars to build a well in the Tana river basin in Kenya.
- Ex-CEO of BTC-e Exchange’s Spin-Off WEX Is Arrested in Italy
- ‘Samsung Coin’ Trademark Filing Unaffiliated With Samsung
- Oil Markets Could Save 30% With Blockchain, Data Gumbo CEO Says
- Tether’s Trouble With New York Attorney General — Will Crypto Cope?
- Price Analysis 19/07: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, BNB, EOS, BSV, TRX, XLM