The European Central Bank says the central banking community will refine its monitoring of cryptocurrency transactions, both on- and off-chain.
The European Central Bank or ECB is the central bank of the eurozone that is the emitter of euro currency and an administrator of EU monetary practices. The Central Bank of the European Union is one of the most influential financial authorities in the world. ECB regularly publishes reports, prognoses and research that largely affects the world’s economy and governmental measures of many countries, especially in EU. The European Central Bank has absolutely no connection to ECB Publishing, Inc — an American publishing company. ECB rule violations may become the reason for billion-dollar fines, the shut down of major banks and even punishment of countries. ECB is famous for its independence, democratic approach to discussion and decision-making, and for its transparency in voting processes. The regulation of Bitcoin has been discussed within the ECB, but there are no restrictions or policies established yet.
- US Lawmakers to Visit Switzerland to Discuss Crypto, Facebook’s Libra
- $240M in Suspected Scheme Assets Moves in Four Bitcoin Transactions
- Second-Largest Indian State to Use Blockchain in Various Spheres
- Bitcoin Circles $10,400 as Altcoins Rally, XRP Posts 10% Gains
- Top-5 Crypto Performers: LINK, LEO, BCH, ETC, BSV, OKB*