European Central Bank president Mario Draghi said that cryptocurrencies are not real currencies.
The euro is the official currency for the 19 European countries of the Eurozone, along with another nine countries. The euro is the main competitor of the dollar and it has a leading position of being the one of the major reserve currencies. European banks use euro to raise funds in order to secure their core business. This fact makes the euro a funding currency. In terms of cryptocurrency, the euro is used as frequently as the dollar for conversion into digital currency and vice versa, that can be seen for the most popular requests in the Internet such as Euro to Bitcoin, Satoshi in Euro and so on. Besides that, the euro and blockchain technologies are connected, as many investments into these technologies are made in euro by European investors.
- US Telecoms Giant AT&T Now Accepting Crypto Payments via BitPay
- BBC: Facebook Aims to Launch Payments-Focused Cryptocurrency in 2020
- Kraken Paid 250 Salaries to Staff in Bitcoin Last Month, Exchange Tells Critic
- Report: Telegram to Launch TON Network in Q3 2019
- Morgan Creek CEO Says Every Investor Should Hold Some Bitcoin