After facing delays, $257 million ICO Filecoin expects to launch its mainnet in Q3 2020, with Gemini offering custody support.
Filecoin is a decentralized platform for data storage. The Filecoin project was launched by California-based technological company Protocol Labs in 2014. The main purpose of Filecoin is to create an efficient solution for storing data, which is based on protocols of decentralized network IPFS (InterPlanetary File System). IPFS was also developed by Protocol Labs to replace the existing HTTP with a content-addressable, peer-to-peer method of storing and sharing hypermedia in a distributed file system. According to Filecoin’s white paper, the main idea is that their users should install special software that allows them to store data on PC’s hardware. As a reward, users receive Filecoin and exchange them on other digital or fiat currencies. The Filecoin ICO was conducted in 2017. Filecoin mining is able to be done through their official software.
- Fed’s Quantitative Easing Strategy Holds Long-Term Benefits for Crypto
- Nigeria Becomes Eighth African Nation to Welcome Bitcoin ATMs
- AT&T Seeks Dismissal of $200M in Damages for 2018 SIM-Swap Attack
- FBI Arrests Russian Rapper For Crypto Money Laundering, Cites Damning Instagram
- Price Analysis April 1: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, BSV, LTC, EOS, BNB, XTZ, LEO