The IMF has said that Malta does not have the proper supervision for AML and CFT and is calling for “urgent action.”
The IMF or the International Monetary Fund is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is headquartered in Washington, D.C. The IMF is a large international organization which includes over 189 countries and 2500 of employees. The IMF’s meaning for countries is activity during short-term macroeconomic crisis, as it provides credit not only to underdeveloped countries, but all countries that are members of the IMF. In terms of cryptocurrency, the IMF has issued a report considering the benefits and drawback of using Bitcoin and other altcoins. The organization recommends creating a regulatory framework that will secure common users and will not prevent the innovative technology’s development. Besides that, in 2017 the IMF was considering the issue of making its own cryptocurrency as new currency for reserve.
- Tim Draper Urges Argentina’s President to Legalize Bitcoin to Improve Economy
- Leading Bitcoin Cash Developer Amaury Séchet Leaves Bitcoin Unlimited
- LocalBitcoins Announces Supervision by Financial Supervisory Authority of Finland
- Bitcoin Holds $4,000, British Pound Loses to USD as Brexit Anticipation Grows
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, Tron: Price Analysis, March 25