International Monetary Fund leader, Tao Zhang, discussed the positives and negatives of a central bank digital currency.
The IMF or the International Monetary Fund is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is headquartered in Washington, D.C. The IMF is a large international organization which includes over 189 countries and 2500 of employees. The IMF’s meaning for countries is activity during short-term macroeconomic crisis, as it provides credit not only to underdeveloped countries, but all countries that are members of the IMF. In terms of cryptocurrency, the IMF has issued a report considering the benefits and drawback of using Bitcoin and other altcoins. The organization recommends creating a regulatory framework that will secure common users and will not prevent the innovative technology’s development. Besides that, in 2017 the IMF was considering the issue of making its own cryptocurrency as new currency for reserve.
- Bitcoin Has Gained $600 for 3 Consecutive Mondays — Price Hits $7,400
- Kraken Appoints SAFT Architect Marco Santori as Chief Legal Officer
- Ethereum Co-Founder: Finding Satoshi Is Like Finding a Malware Author
- Bitcoin Scam on YouTube Masquerades as Coinbase CEO AMA
- Bitcoin Price Will Go Up as Only Profitable Miners Remain: Data Analyst