IMF chief economist Gita Gopinath has called on global regulators to be vigilant and take the proper regulatory steps regarding Facebook’s Libra.
The IMF or the International Monetary Fund is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is headquartered in Washington, D.C. The IMF is a large international organization which includes over 189 countries and 2500 of employees. The IMF’s meaning for countries is activity during short-term macroeconomic crisis, as it provides credit not only to underdeveloped countries, but all countries that are members of the IMF. In terms of cryptocurrency, the IMF has issued a report considering the benefits and drawback of using Bitcoin and other altcoins. The organization recommends creating a regulatory framework that will secure common users and will not prevent the innovative technology’s development. Besides that, in 2017 the IMF was considering the issue of making its own cryptocurrency as new currency for reserve.
- Crypto Advocate Patrick Byrne Resigns as CEO of Overstock
- Bitcoin Price ‘Not at the Top’ of New Bull Cycle Yet, Data Shows
- Bitpoint Taiwan Sues Parent Exchange for Overbilling After July Hack
- Samsung-Backed Blockchain Startup Raises $7.5M from Shinhan Bank
- Swiss Private Bank Says 400 New Clients Demanding Crypto Products