The bitcoin price soared to as high as 394,000 Argentine pesos as major investors worry that a populist former president could return to a position of power.
The IMF or the International Monetary Fund is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is headquartered in Washington, D.C. The IMF is a large international organization which includes over 189 countries and 2500 of employees. The IMF’s meaning for countries is activity during short-term macroeconomic crisis, as it provides credit not only to underdeveloped countries, but all countries that are members of the IMF. In terms of cryptocurrency, the IMF has issued a report considering the benefits and drawback of using Bitcoin and other altcoins. The organization recommends creating a regulatory framework that will secure common users and will not prevent the innovative technology’s development. Besides that, in 2017 the IMF was considering the issue of making its own cryptocurrency as new currency for reserve.
- Bloomberg: UK Interdealer Broker TP ICAP to Sell CME’s Bitcoin Futures
- Georgian Gov’t, IOHK Partner to Develop Blockchain in Education, Ministry Services
- Bitcoin Surpasses One Million Daily Active Addresses
- Bitcoin Breaks $9,300 as US Stock Market Sees Minor Downturn
- Japan Data Initiative Brings Blockchain Security to 100 Major Businesses