Binance has acquired the well-known Indian crypto exchange WazirX, bringing easier cryptocurrency access to a population of over one billion.
India, or Republic of India, is a federal state in South Asia. It is the second-largest country by population after China and the seventh-largest by territory in the world. India has a developing mixed economy, which is the world’s sixth largest in terms of nominal GDP. In India, cryptocurrency payments are becoming more and more popular among its citizens. Currently, the government is developing regulations for operations related to virtual currencies. It is aimed to protect investors and users, prevent money laundering, control the taxation of transactions, etc. Besides that, according to the Indian Minister of Finance, the authorities are concerned about digital currencies’ volatility and anonymity and are considering banning all payments in cryptocurrency. Nevertheless, the future of using cryptocurrency in India remains uncertain.
- Bitcoin Miner Canaan’s IPO Nets Just $90M After Losing Banking Partner
- ‘Mystery Man’ Gets Berlin Shop to Drop BitPay, Accept Bitcoin Directly
- German Bank Boosts Bitcoin — Negative Interest Rates Hit Every Account
- Grayscale: 84% of Q3 Interest Came From Non-Crypto Hedge Funds
- Bitcoin Price Loses $8,000 Support as Bears Drive Market to 4-Week Low