Cryptocurrency exchange Huobi is launching a local gateway in Indonesia to enable fiat-to-crypto trading between the Indonesian Rupiah and Tether.
Indonesia, or officially the Republic of Indonesia, is a state in Southeast Asia. Indonesia is the fourth largest country in the world by population and it is one of the most perspective countries for economic development. In terms of cryptocurrency, Indonesia’s central bank announced that cryptocurrency was illegal in 2017 and, after that, there were meetings conducted with the aim of creating regulations of the cryptocurrency market. Currently, Indonesia’s Bitcoin market is less than one percent of the global cryptocurrency market. There are two Indonesian Bitcoin exchange platforms. However, they sell Bitcoin only at a fixed price. Nevertheless, Indonesian authorities have recently claimed a neutral position about cryptocurrency in Indonesia.
- Binance P2P Crypto Trading Platform Supports Vietnam’s Fiat Currency
- Argo Blockchain Sees Mining Revenue Rise Tenfold in 2019
- Binance CEO Suggests Crypto Exchanges Are Safer Than Keeping One’s Keys
- Thai SEC Grants License to Asia-Pacific Crypto Exchange
- Bitcoin Price Matches Stock-to-Flow Forecast as $100K Halving Nears