Finnish P2P exchange LocalBitcoins is allegedly quietly suspending user accounts, citing an “enhanced due diligence process.”
Know your customer or KYC is a process of identifying and verifying identities of customers by businesses. The term is commonly used to refer to governmental anti-money laundering regulations in banking, financial and stock market activities. KYC mostly incorporates four key elements: acceptance policy, identification procedures, transaction monitoring and risk management. The growing concern about the use of cryptocurrency for money laundering led authorities to apply KYC on the cryptocurrency market and services. Most of these platforms will have to adopt cryptocurrency KYC and require clients to get through verification procedure in order to operate within their platform. KYC has its advantages as it can help with fighting the funding of terrorism and money laundering. However, complications within the crypto-market may slow down its development.
- SEC Tells Telegram Its Crypto Is Worth Less Than Donuts
- Millennials Prefer Bitcoin to Alibaba, Netflix Stock as GBTC Hits $10K
- Binance’s US Trading Platform to Introduce Staking Rewards
- Alleged Launderer of $4B in BTC Vinnik Charged in France After Extradition
- Bitcoin’s Best Q1 Since 2013 to ‘Escalate’ If $9.5K Is Broken: Trader