The Advisory Council of the United Arab Emirates Banks Federation discussed applying blockchain in its member banks to improve KYC processes.
Know your customer or KYC is a process of identifying and verifying identities of customers by businesses. The term is commonly used to refer to governmental anti-money laundering regulations in banking, financial and stock market activities. KYC mostly incorporates four key elements: acceptance policy, identification procedures, transaction monitoring and risk management. The growing concern about the use of cryptocurrency for money laundering led authorities to apply KYC on the cryptocurrency market and services. Most of these platforms will have to adopt cryptocurrency KYC and require clients to get through verification procedure in order to operate within their platform. KYC has its advantages as it can help with fighting the funding of terrorism and money laundering. However, complications within the crypto-market may slow down its development.
- US: Bitcoin ATM Firm Coinme to Sell Bitcoin at Coinstar Coin Counting Machines
- Winklevoss Capital: Investors Are ‘Thoughtfully Dipping their Toes into Crypto,’ Not Taking the Plunge
- Spanish Car Manufacturer SEAT Joins Alastria Consortium to Develop Blockchain Products
- Founder of Ethereum and ConsenSys Joe Lubin Joins Board of Directors of Crypto Startup ErisX
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Tron, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 16