Top fiat-to-crypto exchanges are adopting market surveillance technologies. Of all crypto-to-crypto exchanges, only Binance has one.
Know your customer or KYC is a process of identifying and verifying identities of customers by businesses. The term is commonly used to refer to governmental anti-money laundering regulations in banking, financial and stock market activities. KYC mostly incorporates four key elements: acceptance policy, identification procedures, transaction monitoring and risk management. The growing concern about the use of cryptocurrency for money laundering led authorities to apply KYC on the cryptocurrency market and services. Most of these platforms will have to adopt cryptocurrency KYC and require clients to get through verification procedure in order to operate within their platform. KYC has its advantages as it can help with fighting the funding of terrorism and money laundering. However, complications within the crypto-market may slow down its development.
- Bitfinex and Tether Move for Case Dismissal Over Lack of Jurisdiction
- BlockFi Crypto Management Firm Adjusts Interest Rates
- Report: Chinese E-Commerce Giant JD.com Has Applied for Over 200 Blockchain Patents
- Bitcoin Approaches $8,000 as Bitcoin SV Doubles in Value
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 20