David Marcus, head of Facebook’s crypto wallet Calibra, stressed that Facebook will launch the Libra cryptocurrency project only after they address all regulato...
Know your customer or KYC is a process of identifying and verifying identities of customers by businesses. The term is commonly used to refer to governmental anti-money laundering regulations in banking, financial and stock market activities. KYC mostly incorporates four key elements: acceptance policy, identification procedures, transaction monitoring and risk management. The growing concern about the use of cryptocurrency for money laundering led authorities to apply KYC on the cryptocurrency market and services. Most of these platforms will have to adopt cryptocurrency KYC and require clients to get through verification procedure in order to operate within their platform. KYC has its advantages as it can help with fighting the funding of terrorism and money laundering. However, complications within the crypto-market may slow down its development.
- Bank of America Files Patent for Settlement System Citing Ripple
- Number of Crypto Notables on Buffett Lunch Guest List Grows
- European Central Bank Exec: Libra Won’t Launch Until Regulators Are Satisfied
- Iran Has Not Issued Any Licenses for Importing Crypto Mining Equipment
- Top-5 Crypto Performers: BSV, XTZ, TRX, LTC, ATOM, OKB*