Blockchain firm Lightning Labs drafted a new Lightning Network-based authentication system that could replace traditional email-based accounts.
Lightning Network News
The Lightning Network is a payment protocol that works as a second layer on top of a blockchain. A large number of those in the cryptocurrency community suggested Lightning Network as a fix to Bitcoin’s scaling problem.
The Lightning Network opens a payment channel by setting up a multisignature wallet that holds some amount of cryptocurrency, and then a savings wallet address in the blockchain. Having a payment channel, parties can make an unlimited amount of transactions that are not made public in the blockchain. After all planned transactions are completed, the resulting balance is saved in the blockchain and parties can recover their share of the wallet. You can also use other payment channels or multiple channels to reach your partner, with the network finding the shortest way. Lightning is not as secure as the blockchain itself, but it may be widely adopted for small transactions, and it will reduce the strain on the blockchain, making it more scalable.
- AT&T Seeks Dismissal of $200M in Damages for 2018 SIM-Swap Attack
- Bitcoin Codebase Preserved for 1,000 Years in Archive Under Arctic Ice
- Indian Crypto Exchange BuyUCoin Gets License to Go Abroad
- Huobi Wallet and Crypto Lender Cred Now Enable Users to Earn Interest
- How to Trade Bitcoin Using Leverage and Not Worry About Liquidation