Blockchain development company Lightning Labs announced the initial release of Lightning Network offramp Lightning Loop.
Lightning Network News
The Lightning Network is a payment protocol that works as a second layer on top of a blockchain. A large number of those in the cryptocurrency community suggested Lightning Network as a fix to Bitcoin’s scaling problem.
The Lightning Network opens a payment channel by setting up a multisignature wallet that holds some amount of cryptocurrency, and then a savings wallet address in the blockchain. Having a payment channel, parties can make an unlimited amount of transactions that are not made public in the blockchain. After all planned transactions are completed, the resulting balance is saved in the blockchain and parties can recover their share of the wallet. You can also use other payment channels or multiple channels to reach your partner, with the network finding the shortest way. Lightning is not as secure as the blockchain itself, but it may be widely adopted for small transactions, and it will reduce the strain on the blockchain, making it more scalable.
- Crypto Exchange Coinbene Announces Ongoing Maintenance While Customers Suspect Hack
- Report: Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior Owner Develops DLT Project With ConsenSys and Azure
- Over 130-Year-Old Liquor Company William Grant & Sons to Track Whiskey on Blockchain
- Bank of America CTO Catherine Bessant: I’m Privately Bearish on Blockchain
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, Tron: Price Analysis, March 25