Grin received an anonymous 50 BTC donation to its General Fund on Nov. 11, sparking a bizarre rumor that it was from Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto.
Satoshi Nakamoto News
Satoshi Nakamoto is a pseudonym of either a person or a group of people who developed Bitcoin, authored its white paper and deployed Bitcoins original reference implementation. Satoshi published a paper, titled “Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System” in October 2008 and released the first software that launched the Bitcoin network in January 2009. The question of who Satoshi Nakamoto is has still not been answered and has generated a lot of different theories and speculations. Nakamoto didn’t disclose any private information, but Satoshi Nakamoto’s identity has been attributed to computer scientist Nick Szabo, developer and first Bitcoin transaction recipient Hal Finney, Craig Steven Wright, an Australian scientist and businessman and to some other, less convincing options. Satoshi stopped working on Bitcoin project in 2011 and subsequently disappeared from public life.
- Sorry — But Bitcoin Can Still Drop to $2.7K While Everyone’s Bullish
- Ethereum Hard Fork Live, Stolen ETH Moved, ‘Hodlers Are Insane’: Hodler’s Digest, Dec. 2–8
- Death Spirals and BTC — What Happens When Miners Capitulate?
- Ethereum Price Stable Despite Hard Fork, Altcoins See Small Gains
- Top-5 Cryptos This Week: XTZ, ATOM, XRP, XMR, BNB