Crypto exchange ShapeShift allows United States-based customers to buy BTC with a debit card in the new exchange’s platform.
Shapeshift is a Swiss cryptocurrency exchange platform available on both the web and on mobile devices. Eric Voorhees, who is a dedicated supporter of Bitcoin, founded it in 2013. The Shapeshift exchange is unique compared with others, as it does not collect customers’ funds into company accounts and does not require a registration or any of the user’s personal data, making transactions fast and convenient. The company keeps all of the customer’s assets only in case of a failed exchange, in which case there is no refund claiming for 90 days. When this happens, there is no need to replenish a Shapeshift account, just the addresses of the sender and receiver should be noted. Shapeshift operates only with cryptocurrencies, so there are just three types of transactions: BTC to altcoin, altcoin to Bitcoin or altcoin to altcoin.
- Bitcoin Flips Bullish — But Here’s Why BTC Price May Still Hit $3.9K
- 7 Crypto Firms Targeted by 11 Lawsuits in New York
- BIS Calls for Central Bank Digital Currencies Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Bitcoin’s Hedging Performance in the Wake of the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Top 5 Cryptos Not Named Bitcoin This Week (Mar 29): XMR, BNB, HT, CRO, BSV