ICObench report: ICOs completed in the first half of January have raised $160 million, about 33 percent of the combined amount secured in December.
Singapore, the Republic of Singapore, is a city-state located on an island in Southeast Asia and shares borders with Malaysia and Indonesia. Singapore has a strong economy with a favorable investment climate, a competitive environment, and a high level of education and welfare. In this way, for companies that work with Bitcoin, Singapore is a good place to set up a business because cryptocurrency is allowed to be used in Singapore and has governmental support. Moreover, Singapore was one of the first countries to start regulating the usage of digital currencies in 2014 by imposing taxes on it. In terms of blockchain technology, authorities in Singapore are interested in applying this technology to their advantage.
- Japan: Regulators Approve Startup’s Bitcoin Sidechain Trial for Exchanges
- Alistair Milne: Bitcoin Is Only Public Blockchain Certain to Last for Next 100 Years
- Lack of ETNs Keeps Wall Street Away From Bitcoin, Says CBOE Analyst Ed Tilly
- Chilean Taxpayers Must Report Cryptocurrency Profits to Chilean IRS: Local Media
- Hodler’s Digest, Jan. 14–20: Top Stories, Price Movements, Quotes and FUD of the Week