Cryptocurrency exchange Binance is joining the governance council of Klaytn, a blockchain project led by South Korean internet giant Kakao.
South Korea News
South Korea is an important segment of the cryptocurrency market, with a lot of cryptocurrency investments, technological developments and large cryptocurrency exchanges established in the country. South Koreans are famous for have a high percentage of cryptocurrency enthusiasts within the population, but the South Korean government is not so keen on cryptocurrencies. The latest South Korea cryptocurrency news concerns a police investigation into Upbit, South Korea’s largest cryptocurrency exchange that had a massive effect on markets on the 11th of May. South Korean cryptocurrency regulations are pretty tough. ICOs are banned and local cryptocurrency exchanges are being shut down or else have found themselves under increased supervision. The South Korean government is concerned about money laundering, tax evasion and excessive speculations. It is a prospective that foresees the continued actions of lawmakers to push forward with new restrictions.
- Bitcoin Fixes This: PayPal Cuts Payouts to Over 100,000 Pornhub Models
- Power Ledger Completes Peer-to-Peer Solar Energy Trading Trial in India
- Crypto Exchange OKEx Launches Bitcoin Futures Margined With Tether
- Coinbase Card Adds XRP and Launches in 10 More European Countries
- Bitcoin Price Tests $8,500 Support as Trader Warns of Further New Lows