The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision believes that cryptos are unsafe to rely on as a medium of exchange or store of value.
Terrorism is a term that is used to describe acts of violence in order to create fear within large masses of people to achieve some political, religious, financial or ideological purpose. Terrorism is performed both in the domestic territories of terrorists and on the international level. Terrorism is funded for a variety of reasons. Sometimes, terrorism is funded to destabilize the political situation in a country for some geopolitical reason by other countries. Terrorism is also funded by protection racketing, kidnapping for ransom, fraud and robbery. Sympathizers of terrorism often use cryptocurrency and Bitcoin, in particular, to cover any traces of funding. Bitcoin terrorism financing is an important issue for many governments and is a major issue in regard to Bitcoin regulation policies. Although the scale of terrorism financing via Bitcoin may be exaggerated, some authorities see it as too risky to remain inactive.
- Six Global Banks Sign Up to Issue Stablecoins on IBM’s Now-Live Blockchain Network
- Overstock to Retain Retail Arm, Support Blockchain and Crypto Ventures
- CoinMarketCap Introduces New Metrics for Crypto Fundamentals
- Bitcoin Cash Grows as Major Oil Futures Show Mixed Movements
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Tron, Cardano: Price Analysis, March 18