Launched on July 15, Tor Project’s new Bitcoin-based crowdfunding campaign reached the softcap of $10,000 in 25 hours.
Tor is a free and open-source software made for the realization of onion routing, the technology of anonymous information exchange. In addition, Tor has two official versions of its browser which are the Tor Browser and TorBro — aimed to be a more anonymous alternative of the Tor Browser. The Tor Browser is also available on smartphones as Onion Tor Browser. The main purpose of using the Tor Browser is to remain anonymous and avoid censorship by disguising an IP-address. Like Tor, Bitcoin has the reputation of being anonymous and, by that, draws the attention of various security agencies. Nevertheless, some experts warn about the unsecure nature of transactions in cryptocurrency made on Tor, as there is a higher risk of money being stolen.
- Ex-CEO of BTC-e Exchange’s Spin-Off WEX Is Arrested in Italy
- ‘Samsung Coin’ Trademark Filing Unaffiliated With Samsung
- Oil Markets Could Save 30% With Blockchain, Data Gumbo CEO Says
- Tether’s Trouble With New York Attorney General — Will Crypto Cope?
- Major Crypto Markets Report Mixed Signals, Gold Slightly Fell