Russia’s communications watchdog is calling on contractors to help it block or disrupt anonymous networks including The Onion Router and Telegram Open Network.
Tor is a free and open-source software made for the realization of onion routing, the technology of anonymous information exchange. In addition, Tor has two official versions of its browser which are the Tor Browser and TorBro — aimed to be a more anonymous alternative of the Tor Browser. The Tor Browser is also available on smartphones as Onion Tor Browser. The main purpose of using the Tor Browser is to remain anonymous and avoid censorship by disguising an IP-address. Like Tor, Bitcoin has the reputation of being anonymous and, by that, draws the attention of various security agencies. Nevertheless, some experts warn about the unsecure nature of transactions in cryptocurrency made on Tor, as there is a higher risk of money being stolen.
- Russia Postpones Its Crypto Law Again, Now Blaming Coronavirus
- BCH, BSV Block Halvings Will Force Miners to Bitcoin (BTC) — Report
- ‘Prime Brokerage’ for Crypto: Apifiny Launches Institutional Platform to Connect Exchange Liquidity
- Bitfury Becomes Latest Crypto Industry Player to Join COVID-19 Research Project
- SEC Claims Telegram Injunction Applies to ‘Any Person or Entity’