Grape has announced the launch of its layer-1 ecosystem, powered by its DAG-based distributed ledger technology, Vine.
The Grape team’s core vision is both true decentralization and global mass adoption of blockchain and Web3. For this reason, Grape set out to solve the core issues preventing both, such as Web3 and cryptocurrency being difficult to use or understand for the average person, the fact that almost none of the technologies used in Web3 are truly decentralized, and that there is no seamless ecosystem that can handle the demand needed for complex decentralized applications.
Grape is actively solving these barriers via:
- A complete ecosystem — bringing all of the necessary technologies into one ecosystem (decentralized file storage, adaptable smart contracts, DAG layer-1, AI tools, etc.) to create a single environment for the creation of decentralized assets and applications.
- True decentralization — creating a DAG core without supernodes or backdoors, making it completely user-powered and therefore 100% decentralized.
- Power for the future — the Grape team wanted to allow for the limitless creation of complex applications and content on Grape, so creating a system without hard limits on transaction processing was top priority. This has been achieved through Vine and its advanced node system. Each user node adds an additional 1,000 transactions per second in processing power to Vine. This means that by adding only 15 individual user nodes to Vine, it can be as decentralized as a coin like Bitcoin (BTC), with the ability to process as many transactions as major centralized systems like Visa, at 15,000 TPS. Increasing the amount of user nodes, Vine can easily power over 700,000 transactions per second while maintaining absolute decentralization. Nodes can be created easily via the wallet.
- Mass adoption — the Grape team believes that hyper simplicity, compatibility and usability are all key to the mass adoption of Web3 and cryptocurrency. For this reason, Grape is building ANNE, its AI Neural Network Engine, which will power its AI smart contract generator. Using this, users will be able to create complex decentralized websites and DApps in minutes to hours, rather than months and years. The Grape team believes that by making blockchain and Web3 easy to use, mass adoption is inevitable. By allowing anyone to produce DApps with text commands, the amount of decentralized sites and applications can go from hundreds a year to hundreds of thousands a year, creating adoption and perpetual growth while fostering ideas.
- Compatibility — the Grape team believes that making things as seamless and compatible with the industry as possible is important for the future. Things like EVM compatibility and integration into commonly used Web2 systems are being built into Grape’s core without compromising security and decentralization.
- Finance3 — Grape hopes to drive the decentralized finance revolution through key partnerships that combine the convenience of fiat with the privacy of cryptocurrency.
Taking part in Grape
Grape is offering two opportunities for users to get GRP before its full launch.
The first is through its seven whitelist distribution rounds, where a limited number of people are able to take part in the distribution.
The second opportunity is through Grape’s airdrop. Those interested can increase their chances of getting up to $1 million USD in GRP. It involves joining their socials, tweeting about them, joining the testnet and email blasts. For an even better chance at whitelisting and a super drop, users should also invite people to help build the Grape community.
By participating early on in Grape’s platform, users can secure the lowest prices and potentially benefit from their substantial airdrops.
Grape is a decentralized layer-1 ecosystem that aims to provide developers with the tools and infrastructure they need to create complex, future-proof Web3 applications. The contact information and social media pages below provide more information about this growing project.