Payments behemoth Visa has acquired financial technology firm Plaid for $5.3 billion to better connect with fintech applications.
Abra is a technology and financial company that provides peer-to-peer (p2p) blockchain-based mobile payment services. Before the company implemented Litecoin as the main cryptocurrency for their services in 2018, Bitcoin used to be the main digital currency for transaction processing. Abra, as a blockchain-based application, mostly specializes in storing cash deposits that are available with the Abra wallet, which provides cash transfers between two mobile devices. For that, there are Abra apps available for both iOS and Android. Bank accounts are generally not required in most countries. The company was founded by Bill Barhydt (CEO) in 2014 and currently is headquartered in Mountain View, California. Find out more by following the Abra news.
- Decoupling? Bitcoin Price Surges Above $6.7K as Stocks Again Bearish
- ‘Breakthrough’ as Lightning Uses Web's Forgotten Payment Code
- Ethereum Founder Tells Bitcoin Dev: BTC Wasn’t Always ‘Digital Gold’
- New York Judge Says Telegram Can’t Distribute Grams Outside U.S. Either
- BTC Held by BitMEX Fell 25% After Mass Liquidations