Bitcoin trading volumes on peer-to-peer trading platform LocalBitcoins in Venezuela and Argentina have touched on new all-time highs.
Argentina, officially the Argentine Republic, is a federal republic in South America. Argentina is one of the largest countries in the world, being in the top-8 by territory, and is the second largest in Latin America. The economy of Argentina is based on rich natural resources, diversified industries and a large agricultural sector. Argentina has a growing high-tech sector, literate population and a high human development rate. Argentine also benefits from tourism, science, independent media and a developed transport communication. Bitcoin in Argentina is not considered a legal currency, as it is not issued by the Central Bank, but there are no restrictions toward it. Bitcoin mining in Argentina and Bitcoin exchanges are also legal. Bitcoin is considered to be a good under the Argentine Civil Code and its transactions are governed by the rules of the Civil Code.
- Indian PM Awards Crypto App Creator as Supreme Court Deliberates on Ban
- One Wallet Owns 27% of Ether Behind MakerDAO’s Sai Stablecoin
- Crypto and Blockchain Firms Pitch In to Help Coronavirus Victims
- Litecoin Creator Proposes Miners Voluntarily Donate 1% for Development
- Top 5 Cryptos This Week (Jan 26): HEDG, DASH, BSV, ETC, XTZ