Catherine Bessant admitted that the institution has yet to find blockchain use cases for the financial services sector.
Bank of America News
Bank of America (BofA) is an American financial conglomerate providing a wide range of financial services and is one of the largest bank holding companies in the USA in terms of assets. It was founded in 1904 and currently headquartered in Charlotte, NC. BofA has become the first financial establishment that has included cryptocurrency in a report about forthcoming financial risks. According to Bank of America, cryptocurrency is not just a threat for their budget, but it complicates the work of preventing money laundering. Also, the company has shown its dependence on innovations made in the market of financial services, including blockchain technology, which can demand a large amount of spending for its implementation. Despite the fact that the holding has expressed skepticism about using Bitcoin, Bank of America has registered some cryptocurrency-related patents in order to prevent customer outflow.
- Bitcoin Market Dominance Climbs to Over 60% - Highest in Over 2 Years
- Mt. Gox Founder Knew of Security Risks Years Before Collapse, Lawsuit Claims
- Opera Releases iOS Version of Its ‘Blockchain-Ready’ Mobile Web Browser
- Circle and Coinbase's Centre Seeks to Form Consortium to Promote, Issue USDC
- Bitcoin Price Parabolic Advance Continues Past $12,000