Roelof Botha alleges the Bank of America provided “absolutely no explanation” for its decision to close his bank account in 30 days.
Bank of America News
Bank of America (BofA) is an American financial conglomerate providing a wide range of financial services and is one of the largest bank holding companies in the USA in terms of assets. It was founded in 1904 and currently headquartered in Charlotte, NC. BofA has become the first financial establishment that has included cryptocurrency in a report about forthcoming financial risks. According to Bank of America, cryptocurrency is not just a threat for their budget, but it complicates the work of preventing money laundering. Also, the company has shown its dependence on innovations made in the market of financial services, including blockchain technology, which can demand a large amount of spending for its implementation. Despite the fact that the holding has expressed skepticism about using Bitcoin, Bank of America has registered some cryptocurrency-related patents in order to prevent customer outflow.
- South Korea Telecoms Giant Ramps Up Blockchain Roaming Deal With China
- Circle Co-Founder Sean Neville Quits as CEO After Reshuffle: Report
- China’s Hainan Free Trade Zone Pledges $140M in New Blockchain Support
- Crypto Exchange UpBit’s Operator Launches Custody Service with Ledger
- Tim Draper Calls For Ross Ulbricht’s Release: ‘We Need Entrepreneurs Like That Guy!’