The U.S.’ second largest bank already has over 50 blockchain-related patents — more than any other entity.
Bank of America News
Bank of America (BofA) is an American financial conglomerate providing a wide range of financial services and is one of the largest bank holding companies in the USA in terms of assets. It was founded in 1904 and currently headquartered in Charlotte, NC. BofA has become the first financial establishment that has included cryptocurrency in a report about forthcoming financial risks. According to Bank of America, cryptocurrency is not just a threat for their budget, but it complicates the work of preventing money laundering. Also, the company has shown its dependence on innovations made in the market of financial services, including blockchain technology, which can demand a large amount of spending for its implementation. Despite the fact that the holding has expressed skepticism about using Bitcoin, Bank of America has registered some cryptocurrency-related patents in order to prevent customer outflow.
- Chilean Taxpayers Must Report Cryptocurrency Profits to Chilean IRS: Local Media
- Lack of ETNs Keeps Wall Street Away From Bitcoin, Says CBOE Analyst Ed Tilly
- Bitcoin Falls Towards $3,550 as Top Cryptos See Moderate to Major Losses
- Proposed License Requirements End Anonymous Crypto Selling and Buying in the Netherlands
- Hodler’s Digest, Jan. 14–20: Top Stories, Price Movements, Quotes and FUD of the Week