Roelof Botha alleges the Bank of America provided “absolutely no explanation” for its decision to close his bank account in 30 days.
Bank of America News
Bank of America (BofA) is an American financial conglomerate providing a wide range of financial services and is one of the largest bank holding companies in the USA in terms of assets. It was founded in 1904 and currently headquartered in Charlotte, NC. BofA has become the first financial establishment that has included cryptocurrency in a report about forthcoming financial risks. According to Bank of America, cryptocurrency is not just a threat for their budget, but it complicates the work of preventing money laundering. Also, the company has shown its dependence on innovations made in the market of financial services, including blockchain technology, which can demand a large amount of spending for its implementation. Despite the fact that the holding has expressed skepticism about using Bitcoin, Bank of America has registered some cryptocurrency-related patents in order to prevent customer outflow.
- Bitcoin & Stocks Rise as US Economy Grinds to a Halt — Furloughs Soar
- Bitmain’s Antminer E3 to Continue Mining Ether With New Update
- Tron Launches Djed, a Platform That Looks Suspiciously Like MakerDAO
- Bitfinex DeFi Offshoot Burns $20M Tokens in Bid to Drive DEX Adoption
- The Need to Report Carbon Emissions Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic