Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria has announced the use of blockchain technology for the bank’s first such issuance of a green bond.
BBVA or Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria is a multinational banking group founded in 1857 and headquartered in Bilbao, Spain. The BBVA bank is the second largest in Spain and one of the biggest in the world. In 2015, the total assets of BBVA were around $750 billion and it had a revenue of more than $23 billion. BBVA banking is known for its aim of digitalization and implementation of innovative technologies. BBVA has a strong international presence, with subsidiaries in U.S. (BBVA Compass), Turkey (Garanti Bank), Mexico (BBVA Bancomer) and a number of other countries. BBVA Compass Bank is the 30th largest in the United States, has more than 11,000 employees and total assets of over $86 billion. The current CEO of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria is Carlos Torres Vila — an MIT graduate, with degrees from National University of Distance Education and Sloan School of Management.
- Nike Files Trademark Application in the US for ‘Cryptokicks’
- US Rapper Lil Pump Starts Accepting Bitcoin via Lightning Network on Merchandise Store
- Bitcoin Dominates Demand as Genesis Processes $425 Million of Loans in Q1 2019
- Top Traders Held Talks on Making Crypto Part of Global Financial Architecture: Bloomberg
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis April 24