Major U.S.-based cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase announced that its payment processor Coinbase Commerce now supports Circle’s USD Coin.
Circle is a service for making instant money transfers. The Circle startup was launched in 2013 by Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. The Circle app is a platform that allows users not only to send and receive money, but also stores it as well. In 2015, the Circle company got a BitLicense and started operating as a Bitcoin wallet service to trade with cryptocurrency. The main feature of using Circle is that Bitcoin kept in the wallet is insured, so the in case of money being stolen from the user’s account, all the money will be compensated. For this, Circle keeps the equal amount of cryptocurrency on its account to all the Bitcoin stored on the platform. Currently, the Circle finance company uses blockchain technology for not only crypto transactions, but for traditional transfers as well.
- US Telecoms Giant AT&T Now Accepting Crypto Payments via BitPay
- BBC: Facebook Aims to Launch Payments-Focused Cryptocurrency in 2020
- Kraken Paid 250 Salaries to Staff in Bitcoin Last Month, Exchange Tells Critic
- Ethereum Co-Founder Vitalik Buterin Proposes Creating On-Chain Ether Mixer
- Report: Telegram to Launch TON Network in Q3 2019