Mainstream newspaper Time published an article illustrating the liberating potential of Bitcoin, especially in countries with oppressive governments.
Colombia — officially the Republic of Colombia — is a country located in northwest South America, including some territories in Central America. Columbia has a developing economy and the country is the fourth in terms of GDP among the countries of Latin America. In terms of cryptocurrency, Colombia was the place for the Blockchain Colombia Meetup in 2018. In addition, there is Fintech Colombia — an association of companies focusing on technology in finance. Moreover, local Colombian cryptocurrency-related businesses have launched a Colombian Blockchain Association in 2018 in order to support the industry and advise the national government on the questions of digital currency regulation. In Colombia, blockchain is also very interesting for authorities, as they look at the prospects for the implementation of the technology.
- Japan: E-Commerce Giant Rakuten to Move Crypto Exchange to New Payments Subsidiary
- Major Central Bank Institution BIS: Bitcoin Must Depart From Proof-of-Work
- Total Market Cap Drops $5 Billion as All Major Coins Take Price Hit
- Ethereum On-Chain Transaction Volume Reached Record High in December 2018
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, TRON, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 21