Bitcoin weekly trading volumes in Venezuela reached a new all-time high, rising to almost $7 million per week on p2p platform LocalBitcoins.
Colombia — officially the Republic of Colombia — is a country located in northwest South America, including some territories in Central America. Columbia has a developing economy and the country is the fourth in terms of GDP among the countries of Latin America. In terms of cryptocurrency, Colombia was the place for the Blockchain Colombia Meetup in 2018. In addition, there is Fintech Colombia — an association of companies focusing on technology in finance. Moreover, local Colombian cryptocurrency-related businesses have launched a Colombian Blockchain Association in 2018 in order to support the industry and advise the national government on the questions of digital currency regulation. In Colombia, blockchain is also very interesting for authorities, as they look at the prospects for the implementation of the technology.
- Bitcoin Holds Over $8,000 as Top Altcoins See Minor Losses
- Two Miners Purportedly Execute 51% Attack on Bitcoin Cash Blockchain
- Facebook in Talks With Coinbase, Winklevoss’ Gemini to Launch Its Globalcoin: FT Report
- Research: ICO Sector Signals Uptick After Crypto Winter
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 24