Cointelegraph en Español presents a weekly digest of selected cryptocurrency- and blockchain-related news from the Spanish-speaking world.
Debit Cards News
Debit cards are plastic payment cards, that draw money directly from a user’s bank account to perform a transaction. A debit card is used as a more convenient analog of cash and its use is gradually overtaking the use of other methods of transactions. There are also prepaid debit cards that are issued to have limited value and can’t be refilled, though these are not commonly used. Debit cards make storing money easier when compared with cash, but they also have their issues. For example, you may not be able to complete a transaction, if its provider has technical issues, it may not be accepted by the other party of the transaction and, finally, it may be compromised while being used to pay for something on an insecure website. In some countries, debit card payments are charged by banks with a small fee, but it may be a cause for a retailer not to perform small transactions with debit cards.
- Bitcoin Miner Canaan’s IPO Nets Just $90M After Losing Banking Partner
- ‘Mystery Man’ Gets Berlin Shop to Drop BitPay, Accept Bitcoin Directly
- German Bank Boosts Bitcoin — Negative Interest Rates Hit Every Account
- Grayscale: 84% of Q3 Interest Came From Non-Crypto Hedge Funds
- Bitcoin Price Loses $8,000 Support as Bears Drive Market to 4-Week Low