A delegation of the United States House of Representatives will visit Switzerland on cryptocurrency concerns, with Facebook’s stablecoin Libra being in the focu...
Facebook is a company that owns one of the largest social networks with the same name. It was founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg and his roommates during their studies at Harvard University. Initially, it was made as a website internal to the university, which then spread all around the world.
The company has expressed interest in investigating the uses of blockchain technology for Facebook Messenger by launching a new team for this task. However, in the beginning of 2018, it was announced that all advertisements related to cryptocurrency or any other suspicious financial product would be banned on the site in order to provide better security for Facebook users. In addition to this, the absence of legislation concerning the use of cryptocurrency deters Facebook from considering involving it in their payment system.
- US Lawmakers to Visit Switzerland to Discuss Crypto, Facebook’s Libra
- $240M in Suspected Scheme Assets Moves in Four Bitcoin Transactions
- China: Shenzhen Special Economic Zone to Include Digital Currency Research
- Bitcoin Circles $10,400 as Altcoins Rally, XRP Posts 10% Gains
- Top-5 Crypto Performers: LINK, LEO, BCH, ETC, BSV, OKB*