The ruling is a setback for crypto entrepreneur Noam Copel, who will now have to pay tax on $830,000 in profits he made by selling bitcoin.
Forex, or the foreign exchange market, is a market for trading currencies. The forex market is the largest market in terms of trading volume and determines the foreign exchange rate. Forex trading includes the buying, selling and exchanging of currencies for the currently determined prices, which are provided by forex brokers — the intermediaries that allow for the purchases of currency with additional transaction fees. Bitcoin forex trading is a new opportunity provided by some forex brokers that is gaining popularity among high-risk traders, due to the high volatility that provides the chance to gain a much larger profit than any fiat currency can provide. It is interesting to point out that — as Bitcoin has an uncertain legal status and is sometimes considered to be a good or asset and not a currency — forex trading with Bitcoin is in an unstable position. However, the inclusion of Bitcoin in the current forex market is a big step for the cryptocurrency industry.
- Bitcoin Holds Over $8,000 as Top Altcoins See Minor Losses
- Two Miners Purportedly Execute 51% Attack on Bitcoin Cash Blockchain
- Facebook in Talks With Coinbase, Winklevoss’ Gemini to Launch Its Globalcoin: FT Report
- Research: ICO Sector Signals Uptick After Crypto Winter
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 24