The precious metal has gained 27.5% since Grayscale rebranded its website urging investors to dump gold for Bitcoin.
GBTC is the stock ticker of the Bitcoin Investment Trust (BIT) company, which has become the first public Bitcoin fund. GBTC's price directly depends on the increase in demand for GBTC, which — for its part — might be affected by BTC's price. That actually happened when BIT was launched and the BTC price increased 20 percent. The first official announcement about the appearance of BIT was made in 2015. Fund BIT was founded in 2013 by founder and CEO of Digital Currency Group, Barry Silbert. BIT has become the first fund that trades Bitcoin in a public exchange and has obtained the necessary agreements from regulatory organs and received the official Bitcoin Investment Trust GBTC ticker. GBTC of Bitcoin Investment Trust is an important step on the way to the massive acceptance of cryptocurrency.
- Retailers Around the World That Accept Crypto, From Pizza to Travel
- CME Group to Launch Options on Bitcoin Futures in Q1 2020
- Upbit Exchange Delists Privacy Coins Due to Money Laundering Concerns
- Swiss University Fights Fake Diplomas With Blockchain Technology
- Bitcoin’s Dominance Drops as BTC Price Briefly Dips Below $10K