Publicly traded Bitcoin fund Grayscale Bitcoin Trust filed a form with the United States SEC to become the first crypto fund to report to the regulator.
GBTC is the stock ticker of the Bitcoin Investment Trust (BIT) company, which has become the first public Bitcoin fund. GBTC's price directly depends on the increase in demand for GBTC, which — for its part — might be affected by BTC's price. That actually happened when BIT was launched and the BTC price increased 20 percent. The first official announcement about the appearance of BIT was made in 2015. Fund BIT was founded in 2013 by founder and CEO of Digital Currency Group, Barry Silbert. BIT has become the first fund that trades Bitcoin in a public exchange and has obtained the necessary agreements from regulatory organs and received the official Bitcoin Investment Trust GBTC ticker. GBTC of Bitcoin Investment Trust is an important step on the way to the massive acceptance of cryptocurrency.
- Bitcoin Miner Canaan’s IPO Nets Just $90M After Losing Banking Partner
- ‘Mystery Man’ Gets Berlin Shop to Drop BitPay, Accept Bitcoin Directly
- German Bank Boosts Bitcoin — Negative Interest Rates Hit Every Account
- Grayscale: 84% of Q3 Interest Came From Non-Crypto Hedge Funds
- Bitcoin Price Loses $8,000 Support as Bears Drive Market to 4-Week Low