The Supreme Court of Greece has ruled in support of a decision to extradite the alleged former operator of now-defunct crypto exchange BTC-e to France.
Greece, officially the Hellenic Republic, is a state in southern Europe. The capital and the largest city of the country is Athens. Greece is the heiress of Ancient Greece — the cradle of western civilization. Greece once had a strong and stable economy and was considered a developed country before the economic crisis in 2013, from which the country has struggled to bounce back. Because of the difficult financial situation, Bitcoin has become very popular in Greece and some experts attribute the popularity of the cryptocurrency and its rise in value to Greek traders. As authorities prohibited any money transfers to other countries in order to avoid any capital outflows from Greece, Bitcoin is currently one possible currency to make such operations.
- Crypto Analyst Brian Kelly: ‘No Shot’ for Bitcoin ETF in 2019
- Ethereum Team Lead: Constantinople Hard Fork to Activate in Late February
- Former Governor of French Central Bank Joins Board of Directors of Blockchain Firm Setl
- ICOs Raised $160 Million in First Half of January, Report Says
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, TRON, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 18