Greece’s Council of State ruled to extradite former operator of now-shuttered crypto exchange BTC-e Alexander Vinnik to France, against the wishes of Russia.
Greece, officially the Hellenic Republic, is a state in southern Europe. The capital and the largest city of the country is Athens. Greece is the heiress of Ancient Greece — the cradle of western civilization. Greece once had a strong and stable economy and was considered a developed country before the economic crisis in 2013, from which the country has struggled to bounce back. Because of the difficult financial situation, Bitcoin has become very popular in Greece and some experts attribute the popularity of the cryptocurrency and its rise in value to Greek traders. As authorities prohibited any money transfers to other countries in order to avoid any capital outflows from Greece, Bitcoin is currently one possible currency to make such operations.
- Deloitte Approves Gemini Crypto Exchange in High-Level Security Evaluation
- Disgruntled Employee Stole Bitcoin from Japanese Project Vipstarcoin
- Has Quebec Missed the Ship for Attracting Cryptocurrency Miners?
- Bitcoin Price Slides to $8.5K as 200MA Resistance Keeps Bulls in Check
- Price Analysis Jan 22: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, BSV, LTC, EOS, BNB, XLM, ADA