The need for censorship-resistant currencies like Bitcoin has been thrown, yet again, into stark relief as HSBC shutters an account reportedly used to fund Hong...
Hong Kong News
Hong Kong, officially the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, is an administrative district of China and one of the leading economic centers not only in Asia, but in the world. The main feature of the district is that it has the right to craft its own legislation. The economy of the territory has a free market, low taxes and governmental non-interference, all of which attracts people to use virtual currencies on the market. The attitude toward cryptocurrency differs between China and Hong Kong, as the first one has banned both the use of digital currencies as a payment and conducting ICO. In Hong Kong, there has not yet been any regulation of Bitcoin and the government doesn’t see any necessity for implementing any. The cryptocurrency market in Hong Kong has various platforms and projects, which makes this area very decent for related businesses.
- Cryptocurrency Forensics Firm Elliptic Ties $400M in XRP to Illicit Activities
- Dutch Soccer Assn. Trials Blockchain App at EU Championship Qualifying Match
- New York Judge Grants US Government Right to Intervene in $7M Bitcoin Fraud Case
- Libra Network Logged Over 30 Projects in Past Two Months of Testing
- Bitcoin Price Clings to $8K as Analysts Warn Market Has Turned Bearish