Hong Kong and Thailand’s central banks have stepped closer to implementing a joint central bank digital currency project for cross-border payments.
Hong Kong News
Hong Kong, officially the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, is an administrative district of China and one of the leading economic centers not only in Asia, but in the world. The main feature of the district is that it has the right to craft its own legislation. The economy of the territory has a free market, low taxes and governmental non-interference, all of which attracts people to use virtual currencies on the market. The attitude toward cryptocurrency differs between China and Hong Kong, as the first one has banned both the use of digital currencies as a payment and conducting ICO. In Hong Kong, there has not yet been any regulation of Bitcoin and the government doesn’t see any necessity for implementing any. The cryptocurrency market in Hong Kong has various platforms and projects, which makes this area very decent for related businesses.
- Indian PM Awards Crypto App Creator as Supreme Court Deliberates on Ban
- One Wallet Owns 27% of Ether Behind MakerDAO’s Sai Stablecoin
- Crypto and Blockchain Firms Pitch In to Help Coronavirus Victims
- Litecoin Creator Proposes Miners Voluntarily Donate 1% for Development
- Top 5 Cryptos This Week (Jan 26): HEDG, DASH, BSV, ETC, XTZ