Debate has been raging on whether cryptocurrencies with a fixed supply are good or bad. Do they increase prices and demand, or stymy spending?
Inflation is the excessive increase in the amount of money traded which leads to their devaluation. In terms of inflation in cryptocurrency, it is considered to be impossible because of the limited number of Bitcoin that can be issued, so the only thing that can cause inflation of cryptocurrency is the total absence of demand. Besides that, Bitcoin itself can’t be led to inflation by any person or government, as there are no ways to increase supply that will surpass the fixed amount of issued cryptocoins. According to its increasing popularity and demand, the price of cryptocurrency is only going to get higher. Because of hyperinflation in some developing countries, Bitcoin has become a popular way to secure money against inflation.
- Vitalik Buterin: High Ethereum Price Good for Security, Ecosystem Development
- Prediction Startup Numerai Raises $11 Million in ICO
- Alleged Bitcoin Fraudster Alexander Vinnik Appeals for Extradition to Russia
- Crypto Markets Descend While Tech Stocks Surge
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, Binance Coin, Tron, Cardano: Price Analysis, March 20